Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Little eyes

Recently I have had a little girl I know copying me, she is 3, it is so sweet.

One day her Mom told me, she had her head upside down and was scrunching her hair, Mom asked what she was doing and the girl replied being like Chelsea. I remembered a few days before I was doing my hair in front of her and that is what I do.

Then a few weeks later the girl was at our house again and she was pulling her hair out of her ponytail,  so I asked what she was doing and she replied I wanna be pretty. So I asked again, why are you pulling you hair out, she replied I wanna be like you!  And that is something I do, if my hair is up I pull out hair around my face/ears, and she noticed.

A few other times she has told me she wants to be like me those are just two time that stuck out to me that I remember.  It is so sweet to think someone wants to be like you, but it also puts some resonsibility on me. I need to be more like Jesus so when little kids look at me they see Jesus and not Chelsea.

Proverbs 22:6
" Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it."

I don't think that verse is just for the parents, it's for the church,  to support the parents. And we need to be in God's word so we can help train on the way they should go, even if it is just by our actions. Because kids are always listening and watching even when you don't think they are. I want to be that good example,  because I love kids.

1 Corintians 11:1
" Imitate me, just as I imitate Christ."

1 John 2:6
" He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked"

I need to imitate Christ and walk like he walked, so when kids imitate me they walk like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandma Mary

We did have our ups and downs, but I know my grandma loved me and I loved her. I can't wait to see her someday soon when Jesus c...