Sunday, November 19, 2017

How did going to Arbys make my day?

Sharing one of the little blessings God gave me a few weeks ago.

I was going through the drive thru at Arby's, and when I pulled up to the window the lady said "the women ahead of you paid for you meal". So I said " well I'll pay for the guy behind me then". She answered surprised "wow, lots of kindness going around today". It just made my day that the lady before me would pay for my meal, and it was fun knowing I shared that same joy with guy behind me.

"Give, and it shall be given unto you: good measure, passed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom, For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." Luke 6:38

Then the next day I was running my errands. I pulled into Fleet Farm with my noisy car , the wind was cold and I was hurrying in as fast as I could. There was a guy bringing in carts and was stopped at the door waiting for me to pass, kinda staring as I walked up. Then he said "this is gonna sound like a funny question but were you at Arby's yesterday?" (he probably remembered my noisy car haha) My first response was "No", then I said "well yea I went through the drive thru". He then said " I was behind you, you paid for my meal! Thanks" I then told him yea the person before me paid for mine so I thought why not pass it on. He said "Yea! I paid for the person behind me too."

I think its so cool that God let our paths cross again. It was neat to know that he passed the blessing on to the person behind him, and I wonder how the girl working the window responded to him! And little did the lady in front of me was going to touch at least 4 people with her small act of kindness. :) What small acts can I do that will touch people, I'll have to start thinking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandma Mary

We did have our ups and downs, but I know my grandma loved me and I loved her. I can't wait to see her someday soon when Jesus c...