Thursday, November 9, 2017

Am I loving like Him?

Jesus Speaking: "A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." John 13:34

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant, or rude. It does not insist on its own way, it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrong doing but rejoices with truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends." 
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

"So now hope, faith, and love abide in these three; but the greatest of these in love." 
1 Corinthians 13:13

Am I loving like Him? This is a big one I think we need to work on. I want to love like Jesus loves me, but growing up in this sinful world I don't think we are. We almost do the opposite and I think when we read these verses we always apply it to marriage, when we need to apply it to all around us. 

Jesus speaking: "Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me." Matthew 25:45

I think this verse not only applies the the stranger within our gates but also, our family, coworkers, church members, and for sure that person who gets all your last nerve every time you see them. I know I don't love like I should. I pray that Jesus can help me change and I know he can! I hope this is your prayer too, so we can all share his love to all we touch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandma Mary

We did have our ups and downs, but I know my grandma loved me and I loved her. I can't wait to see her someday soon when Jesus c...